Choose NZ qualified registered plumbers, Don’t be fooled use qualified plumbers. Ask for the card.
What’s the problem?
- High water bill?
- See or hear a leak?
- No water supply?
We provide a full service including
- Leak detection
- Water main excavation/repairs
- New water mains
- Upgrade existing water mains
- Concrete cutting and reinstate
- Condition reports
- Pipe sizing for new or existing properties commercial & residential
Why is my water main Leaking?
Water main leaks can occur for a variety of reasons, primarily leaks are caused from high-velocity water wearing down the internal wall of your plastic pipe, eventually, the pipe weakens, and a pinhole is formed allowing high-pressure water to burst out.
Many New Zealand Holmes have undersized main water supply pipes made from brittle plastics that have not stood the test of time.
P&D can provide a no obligation quote for the repair or replacement of your water main feel give us a call today, we are happy to share our knowledge and help find the best solution for you.
How do I know if I have a leak?
A simple test will help confirm if you have a leak
- Pick a time when no water will be used for at least four hours – overnight is a good time.
- Read your water meter, then read it again after the period of not using any water.
Make sure you don’t use any water during the test. DO NOT turn off the tap on the meter during the test – you need to be able to see if the meter dial still moves while you are not using water, as this helps indicate a leak.
For example, if you do an overnight test, you would read your meter at night before bed, then again the first thing in the morning. Find and read your water meter
- If the meter numbers are higher, this shows that water is being used and it is likely you have a leak.
- Read all the numbers on the dial (black and red squares).
- The example below shows that about 25 litres of water were used during the night. This indicates a leak.